During our season of engagement, Greg and I went on a date every two weeks! But we had one rule, NO WEDDING TALK! These dates really helped continue to strengthen the bond we have and are some of our favorite memories. So we wanted to share a few of our favorite dates with you:
– Game of 20 questions while sipping on Starbucks. We would take turns asking questions about the future and then talking about the answers.
Some questions to get you started:
1. If you could only watch 3 movies for the rest of your life, what would they be?
2. What is your dream vacation–if money was no option?
3. If we hopped in the car right now, where would you want to drive to?
4. What is your ideal weekend?
5. Who would win in a battle, Darth Vader or Voldemort?
6. If you could be any animal, what would you be?
7. How many kids do you want?
8. Who was your first celebrity crush?
9. Do you believe in Bigfoot?
10. If you could choose your age forever, what age would you choose and why?
One of my favorite things in the world is game night! There is nothing better than getting together with your friends, cooking dinner together, and ending the night with some friendly competition. We have a few favorites too and those are: Red flags, Ticket to ride, Code names, Telestrations, and Catchphrase. I’m particular to strategy games, they make me feel smart 😉
Greg and I used to love to head down to San Diego for the day and run around the zoo like little kids. We love anything animals so it was the perfect date night for us. Annual passes are such a great value so consider looking into them! Now that we’re in Denver it is still one of our go-tos! If the zoo isn’t your thing, the park, the aquarium, an amusement park might be a great alternative.
Something that Greg and I love to do is go to open houses and walk around chatting about what we would fix. We’re a regular Chip and Jojo–at least in our mind. It also has helped us get a realistic idea of what we wanted in a house.
Don’t forget about groupon! For Fun 1/2 priced dates, you can’t go wrong. We have had multiple whale watching trips, paint nights and even a wine tour. Next up we want to find a fun cinematics class!
Those were some of our favorite date nights back when we were engaged and still are now!
Which of these dates will you be trying out next?
Theresa Bridget is a wedding and anniversary photographer serving Colorado, Southern California, and beyond. We provide a luxurious full service experience while creating joyful and timeless images that celebrate the joy of marriage.